Saturday, March 27, 2010

Art Swaps

Arches is a series of women for a 14 Secrets Art Swap. I had written a poem and submitted it to Artella a year or so ago. I thought it was appropriate for some art swaps I had done in years past.


Sleep and I are dancing around
She has not settle over
my mind
It surges with thoughts, things, layers of emotions
Maybe too much caffeine
Or menopause morning
Awake before cowbirds and starlings
fighting over the copper birdbath
One week indigo buntings
Next cowbirds

A robin has taken to pulling worms out of the garden
He comes several times a day
Two morning doves join him
Eating seeds cast from residue of weed pulling
Cardinals, sparrows, finches, blue jays
Abundance of birds call our yard home
Home to the largest holly tree in town
Home to a woman getting ready to pack art swaps
Before she crawls back into bed

I have learned over the years to be very careful about signing up for art swaps.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. I loved sharing the art swap with you. Will you be continuing on with the ATC's even though you are not coordinating it?

    love,
    Erika

    ReplyDelete