Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Orchid Primrose

Every once in a while, life provides you with enough joy to satisfy your soul for many days. Today, I received the gift of an orchid primrose from a kindergarten class. Most Tuesday mornings, I volunteer as a storyteller and artist at a local elementary school.
Today was the last day for the school year as Virginia has SOLs or testing for several weeks. There were 24 pairs of eyes looking intently at me as they sang you are wonderful and I looked at them with a smile on my face trying hard not to let the tears fall. They made a book with drawings from the song. Came home to find three squirrels on the bird feeders and enough rain to keep Noah busy. The sun came out and I took this picture from our deck overlooking the mountains. They are behind the trees.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment