Thursday, November 3, 2011

Herbs from the garden


While the sun shone today, I took advantage of the nice weather to cut some fresh herbs. These are cut and wrapped with rubber bands. After the photo taken on the studio floor, I took them downstairs. They were hung upside down on an IKEA octopus clothing rack to dry.
The octopus is in a closet. A nice rather long closet that runs the length of the downstairs which can be very dark. I hung the lavender here during the summer. The closet has a nice smell, kinda like an Italian restaurant.
The basket has lemon verbena, thyme, parsley, mint, lemon balm, and marjoram. I left the rosemary and sage as they were. They winter just fine right outside the door.
After I harvested the herbs, the rain came.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment