Sunday, October 17, 2010

Butterfly


As the sun begins to make her descent, the sunlight from the brillant fall day begins to fade. A few butterflies are still hovering above the wild asters. My brother in law has told me the honey made from these flowers is just not very sweet at all. The green tomatoes hang heavy on the vine. The basil is all inside frozen. The house smelled like a restaurant during the process. A first for me, but then seems gotta try things. I read on the internet after a search process, blanche the basil for 10 - 15 seconds in a bath of steaming water. Then put the basil into an ice water bath. Dry it. Then put into a plastic freezer bag. Apparently the steaming and the cold keep it from turning a black yucky kinda mess. The freezer now has about seven bags filled with basil. Smelled pretty good as I double sealed the bags.
Butteflies and basil are a nice combination.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment