Monday, December 6, 2010

Snow, snow, snow


This is the third day of snow falling in as many days here in Big Stone Gap. The photo was taken right after I arrived home from grocery shopping. The store was so crowded. Both school systems were out today. They temperatures dropped to 27, the roads were cleared, and I left. Arriving home, the snow began to steadily fall. The driveway next to the sculpture is completely snow covered as my fingers dance across the computer keys.
I spent Saturday and Sunday in Asheville, NC. attending the Southern Highland Handicraft Guild Holiday show, Advent Lessons and Carols at All Souls in Biltmore Village, and then Sunday it was the Big Crafty. I discovered the work of www.thirdgirlstudio.etsy.com .
There were hundreds of crafters in booths all over Pack Place. I have never seen anything quite like this before. Right before it started, Ellenor told me that the crafters take cash and checks. She was right, very few had access to credit card machines. It was so crowded if you moved one step ahead, you came close to bumping into someone. It was a delicate balancing act, to be sure. I'm not sure if I will go again. It is one of those experiences that you do and then think wow. The quality of the craftpersonship was outstanding. The Big Crafty is free and happens twice a year. The Guild Show is also the first weekend in December. It was very crowded this year. I visited my favorite artists coming home with a wonderful sack filled with incredible art.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment