Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Roanoke Valley Printworks

One of the best parts of our annual trip to Roanoke for the Episcopal Church Meeting is visiting the Roanoke Valley Printworks. I asked the artist, owner, if I could take his picture. Here he is in front of his silkscreen card display and to the extrememe right you will see his silkscreen prints. There is a large one of blue crabs. The shop is open by appointment and on Saturday only. I just happened to walk by on Friday and he was there. Last year, he was closed. It was a big disappointment for me. This year, I purchased my usual eight silkscreened cards. I was drawn to his prints, having purchased one framed a few years ago. This year, I was fortunate to purchase a sunflower and a large print of Smith Mountain Lake with the tinge of purple mountain sunset at the top of the print. Just a visit to his shop is wonderful artistic eye candy. The small shop is filled from top to bottom with the most amazing things.
We talked for a little while. He is really a delighful person.
I would recommend a trip to the Roanoke Farmer's Market, stop into the bread store for fresh made bread, and then walk to his shop.
You will not be disappointed!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment