Thursday, June 21, 2012

Butterflies in Flight Fused Glass Plate

 Things have been selling quite well in the shop lately. I thought, make another large plate. I had a large sheet of a rainbow glass that ranges from blue to purple. After measuring and cutting and then recutting, I placed the cut out copper butterflies across the rainbow glass. I then cut some clear glass to fuse the platter. There were no large clear sheets in my glass cupboard. I actually have a cupboard for glass. I used two pieces and thought, well nothing ventured, nothing gained.
 I learned about seams in glass. I decided to go ahead and slump the glass. This is the back of the glass. Isn't it a pretty color purple.
Same plate, just a bit of the Ott  light from a different direction and the flash from the camera. creating a halo of light. Artisans of the Gap will be open quite late this Saturday to celebrate the Seth Bailey car show.
Located at 419 Wood Avenue in Big Stone Gap.

No comments:

Post a Comment