I read the article enjoying Joanne Sharpe's directions. I did not have the materials she had, but I had a few things. I had muslin I had dyed in the snow last year. I had some batting. I had some watercolors, but not the acrylic glaze. At first, I was timid about painting on the cloth. I just outlined a heart. I found the more watercolors I used, the more the colors merged together on the cloth. I used them without much water at all.
I made eight of these little Valentines, just enough to fill the cloth.
I put batting in between the muslin layers and sewed away. I sewed around the heart and around the edges. I sewed some seed beads to one of them. The hardest part was finding a needle. The back of the heart looks like an little quilted heart pillow.
Thank you to Joanne Sharpe for a Valentine craft to make on a day snow lays on the ground and it is very cold.