Thursday, April 18, 2013

Poetry On Thursday


Snapping Turtle


She came
slowly
from the woods
digging
while dogs barked
digging
while sparrows sang
digging
while I gathered my keys
sitting
yellow eyes
bulging
I walked by
amazed
to see her
right next to the paved cement grey driveway
 I looked down into those yellow eyes
 I spoke to her 
better move along
 the dogs will find you
 she stared 
coming home hours later 
a mound arose 
holding turtle eggs


www.carolingrammoore.com ~ www.artisansofthegap.com www.facebook.com/CarolIngramMoore

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited to see a poem about snapping turtles - especially after our conversation earlier in the week! Awwwww! Love Mamma Snapping Turtle :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted this hoping you would read it and see the turtle.

    ReplyDelete