Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Daffodils


www.carolingrammoore.com ~ www.artisansofthegap.com www.facebook.com/CarolIngramMoore
 I really can't even remember when I realized how much I like daffodils. It must have been when I was a little girl walking around both of my grandmothers gardens. Both of them enjoyed daffodils.
 Each year, I add more than 100 daffodil bulbs to the garden here in Big Stone Gap.
 This year, I was a little late in planting some of them. They are all coming up now!
 The first year we moved here, a friend gave me a tub of daffodils her brother had dug out of his yard. It took two full years for these King Alfred daffodils to bloom. They now line the entire front of the house.
                Each area of the yard has its own daffodil garden. These are in the iris garden.
                                      Just a few close ups of some of the different varieties....
                                       A soft touch of peachy pink
                                                                  These smell heavenly.


                 N ear the woods
                                         Oldest and sweetest of all the flowers

 These border the woods. Bunnies, deers, moles, and voles do not like daffodils. One year a critter had dug up a daffodil, took a bite and left the rest.

Outside the greenhouse

If you look closely, you can see a little bug under the petal of the top daffodil.

No comments:

Post a Comment