Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Chrysocolla, Malachite, Turquoise, and Fly

 I have always enjoyed the charms made by Green Girl Studios. This charm I purchased in a bead shop in Asheville, North Carolina. The charm has a dragonfly on one side.
 The word fly is on the back of the charm. This necklace started with the charm. I wondered what gemstones would accent with the dragonfly. One of my very favorite gemstones is chrysocolla which is a copper based stone in colors of blue and green said to have gentleness and power. Each chrysocolla  is unique in its blending of colors . I  used two other copper based stones turquoise and malachite.
 Fly is joined with a turquoise chip and a turquoise nugget. The green stones are malachite. The larger stones are chrysocolla.
 The chrysocolla is quite a large stone. To finish this necklace, I added green turquoise nuggets and a blue turquoise stone. The clasp is copper based.

 After I finished creating the necklace, I made a pair of earrings. They are chrysocolla and malachite on a silver beaded wire. The ear ring wire is dappled sterling silver.

Just to let you know the size of the chrysocolla. I am thinking this necklace might be one just for me.




www.carolingrammoore.com ~ www.artisansofthegap.com www.facebook.com/CarolIngramMoore

No comments:

Post a Comment