Thursday, August 26, 2010

Merlin

I feel like a sleep deprived new parent. We have a new family member, Merlin. He came to live with us on Tuesday. He is from our local animal advocacy shelter group: PAWS.
It has been twenty years or so since we had a dog. I took this picture a few hours after he arrived. This immediately set him into howling. He is an excellent howler. Maybe he is part hound dog. I put the camera down forgetting to turn it off. Thank goodness
for rechargeable batteries. I had an appointment and left Merlin home by himself. A little destruction followed, so when I went to the Farmer's Market, Merlin went with me for a ride in the car. I later found out Merlin nor I understand how to properly handle a dog leash. We survived. I came home with lovely tomatoes. For the past two days, Merlin has shadowed me. He also howls between 2 and three oclock in the morning. I get up and let him out fearing a dog puddle somewhere. It takes a bit for him to calm down.
Today after vacuming, he christened the Ikea carpet in the studio. This was after he took a nice stroll by himself at 6:00 a.m. for 45 minutes. Life is different in our household since Merlin came to stay. We expect with time he will work his magic. Maybe he already has.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment