Thursday, July 21, 2011

Hosta Hill


When we moved three years ago, we transplanted our hostas. The early spring rains and the summer rains have delighted the hostas. They are nestled all over the woody area. Last week a friend brought over a small swimming pool and a large container filled with hostas. These were rescued from another garden that needed a little hosta separation.
It was one of those mornings where it was very humid. The plants were drooping. I got out the hose, watered the plants on the deck and a few gardens out back. I was waiting to water the hostas and rhodendren. Then, the rain came. It was a soft steady beat of water, then a little more, and a little more.




After the rain, I ventured outside with the camera. The leaves of the overhead tree were dripping a rain drop or two on me. I looked up to see the leaves with just a bit of rain captured on them. It was just enough to remind me to come inside to share what's growing here in the mountains.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment