Friday, July 29, 2011

Summer


Transitions happening in the mountains. Rebar has been laid out to create a two car driveway where loose gravel and stones had been running down the place we parked when unloading groceries and other things to the house.
The second photo is next to the studio door. I was pleasantly surprised to see they had left the small flower garden as it was with a few stones moved. The sculpture was created by Margaret Gregg, an artist living in Abingdon, Va.
The third photo is of the butterfly bush. It has grown from a small stick to being much taller than me. To trim the bush, Maggie and I gently bent the branches yesterday to be able to touch the peak of the branches. It is filled with all sorts of flying creatures. The humming birds fly by in their frenzy to get to the three feeders.
The fourth photo is shadows across the lawn this morning. The new hosta bed right off the lower deck. The blueberry bushes with lavender are laid out nicely. The rain has left everything so very green and lush.
The fifth photo is of a plant I simply left on the table on the deck. The begonia leaves are as wide as my hand. I meant to replant it, but it liked the pot and the place, so I left it. Growing in its own glory, enjoying the July weather.
The last photo is the herb garden with a peak at the wood stacked so nicely.




Posted by Picasa

1 comment: