Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Roanoke

It was the weekend of the annual Episcopal Church Council. Church business, services, workshops, and meals while we stayed at the Hotel Roanoke. Friday afternoon, I walked from the Hotel to the Market Square. I took these pictures of downtown Roanoke while I was walking in the glass walkway.

It was a very beautiful January afternoon. The sun was shinning and it was in the high fifties. I was walking to visit several art galleries.


Stepping out of the walkway is the Roanoke Star, the symbol of this city. Walk about a block and you come to the Taubman art museum. The building itself is a work of art. And then, there is one of my favorite places to visit: The Appalachia Press.

Morning breaking from the window of our room at Hotel Roanoke.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment