Thursday, October 18, 2012

A storm came though today

 Imagine an afternoon in the mountains with the wind just a whippety tucking through the valley.
 The trees bend and twirl. When I first saw this out the back door, I thought geez, these trees dance. And they really bend and sway as the wind blasts them around. I tried to capture the leaves as they fell from the trees. I am not a photographer, just someone with a camera who loves living in the mountains and wants to share with you  the joy of what I see.
In the corner, a leaf is caught. Thrown upward by the wind and spirals downward in a dance of the leaves.
The wind still blows and the trees are still swaying. Yellow poplar leaves twirl gingerly on tree branches, not long to stay in one place this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment