Monday, October 15, 2012

Autumn Monday in the Mountains

 Maybe it started with Lani posting on 14 Secrets about creativity. Maybe it was the sun coming though the windows. Maybe it was the leaves twirling on the wind. Whatever, I went into the studio to get the camera so I could capture the glorious colors of this autumn Monday in the mountains. I was surprised to find how clear I look in the bird bath. The water is a bit clearer now since it is filled with fresh water.
 This weekend the reds came out all across the mountains. The tulip poplar yellow brown leaves are tumbling over quickly. The maples are lovely. I find it hard to drive as the sun comes through the leaves and they shimmer.
 Shadows of the trees across the back yard. It is quite a downward slope.
 I moved too fast and everything was just a bit out of focus. I boosted the color the add a little bit of impressionist feel to the photograph. This was the view while I ate lunch on the deck this afternoon. A few insects came to check things out.
Here is the same group of trees in focus. White billowing clouds against a soft blue sky, it is a beautiful autumn day here in the mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment