Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Nuthatches, Holly, Gemstones, and Holidaze



 Right after Halloween and before Thanksgiving, I find myself very busy creating in the studio preparing for the Holidaze. Wanted to share with you some of the new jewelry and glass pieces I have been creating.

 Moonstone oval and moonstone cream stones are bordered by labradorite rondelles. According to the Book of Stones, labradorite is the gemstone of magic, our innate magic. Moonstone brings in emotional balance. Adding a sterling silver clasp for abundance.
Been using the glass kiln quite a bit to make angel tiles and earrings. The red, green, and white streaky glass is fused with holly. The other two pairs of earrings are dichroic glass shinning brightly.



Nuthatches, butterflies, and holly with sterling silver ear wires. I use either sterling silver or 14 carat gold filled ear wires on my gemstone and glass earrings.





For months, I had strands of agates on the bead board. I would look at them and ponder. Last week I found some large black agates. A friend gifted me with the moss agate. Almost finished then I discovered the copper discs when looking for something else. Sometimes waiting provides just what is needed when it is ready.


Nuthatches are frequent visitors to our bird feeders. In celebration of the birds, I have created a pendant with a pair of earrings to match. Some of my jewelry is available on the website, which is now live: http://www.carolingrammoore.com. I will be at the Big Stone Gap Holiday show on November 22 from 10 - 5. My studio is on the Artisan Trail and is open by appointment only. 
www.carolingrammoore.com ~ www.artisansofthegap.com www.facebook.com/CarolIngramMoore

No comments:

Post a Comment